Tuesday 18 January 2011

So fluffy got a job…

I was quite happy to start work after sitting at home for a whole year just being a mum…
I miss my boys all day though 
Being a housewife really isn’t easy…
The high point of most days is in the evening when you start thinking of what to make for daddy’s dinner and then the process of making Daddy’s dinner.
One day I will compile my housewife tales lol and blog about them
So Lagos has somewhat changed!!!
Not like I was in purdah the past year but somehow I didn’t really get to waka much… with two small kids!!! Staying at home most times seemed the better option.
My former work environment had a casual dress style, so it really really made me complacent about my looks generally.
I’d have clothes in my wardrobe but I’ll just keep wearing jeans and one plain top or the other…
This time round (from what I see here) the style is formal/semi-formal. I mean to really step my game up oh… They made me manager… even though the salary aint exactly “managerial” lol ….
So I got myself a new haircut and colored the hair sef… being a mama doesn’t mean I have to slack biko… stepping my game up. Yesterday I wore a suit (for the 1st time in almost 5years),all my friends kept saying “what? You’re in a suit? Take a picture plsssss… felt like the thing would choke me at a point lol today I’m wearing the famous “abortion belt” to complete my ensemble and even though I feel like Santa Claus and cant really breathe I’m sucking it in and giving myself the Lagos big girl look lol
Next on the list is this Brazilian weave on… that’s the name ain’t it? I mean those lace front wigs that make Lagos chics look so hawt hawt hawt….
By the time I starve No 2 of his cerelac for 2 months I should be able to afford the thing abi? ;)
God help me in this 2011 abeg…. Na wa
Happy new year everyone(better late than never biko :D)

10 comments:

P.E.T. Projects said...

Wow.... the elevation has started!!! Congrats on the new job.

Pls for your own good dont touch that lace wig thingy with a 10ft pole. What colour is your hair now?

BTW i nominated you for stylish and versatile blogger award, go over to my blog to find out more.

LG said...

lol@.They made me manager… even though the salary aint exactly “managerial”
Congrats on job dear, but u for upload picture for us na, me too want to c how u look in d suit :)

lani said...

I can smell a great 2011 for you already

enjoy it

Myne said...

Happy new year o and congrats on the job. It is not easy. Your gbo gbo big gals level just made me laugh. Post pics o...

doll (retired blogger) said...

aw...congrats..what a good way to start the year

Blessing said...

Happy New Year and CONGRATULATIONS! You seem so happy and I'm happy for you!
Yay @ stepping your game up!!!
lol @ the Brazilian weave on...one step at a time o...and it's different from a lace front wig...lol.

I pray that 2011 will only get better for you!

Anonymous said...

lol @GOD help you biko, starve bomboy of his cerelac for 2months & the abortion belt ensemble... congratulation on your new appointment.

SHE said...

Congrats! Welcome to the world of long sleeved shirts!

~Sirius~ said...

lmao!!!!! Abortion belt indeed.

Congrats on the job.
Having something different to do isn't bad

Please let me plead with you....NO LACE WIGS!!!!! ABEG! BIKO!! EJO!!!

Happy 2011,....

NoLimit said...

lol! please o..."go and find your money" elsewhere!don't starve no2 abeg1lol
Happy new year and congrats on the job!
It must feel great to converse all day with adults!lol...that was what my friend said when she got back from maternity!:)

Today

 Happy new year! So many cobwebs here