Tuesday 22 November 2011

My girl -Suliat


So i recently(few months back to be specific) hired a house manager :D aka  help.

She's been quite helpful. My issues with her are minimal which is rare in these parts. She's 22 and saving to  "do her freedom" in photography.

Like i said she seems quite ok when i consider the other extremes, however the other day this happened.....

I'll be relaying it in pidgin and Queen's  English.

I asked her  to clean fish make we cook stew, after a few mins by which time i felt fish should have been cleaned and salted i strolled into the kitchen and alas there was my titus fish being BOILED!!!

Boiled people BOILED!!!!

Fish wen i wan put inside stew oh....

She says my mummy taught her to do that!

I just dey look d gal with shock, I asked her if she's even seen me do such? She say she think say we wan fry d fish...
I say even then has she seen me boil then fry?
These girls dey foolish wen dem wan foolish sha!Ah ah

Another day while i was at work she decided to help my son with homework... i no send am oh, but she tries to be proactive.

My cousin said she heard her repeatedly say "curve and dash". On peeping now she saw them writing no 7 so she says Sulia, wetin be "curve and dash" and the silly gal says oh that's what mummy says when doing Ayobami's homework....

Obviously the bugger had heard me while i was helping Ayobami write no 2 and assumed 'curve and dash' is applicable to all nos.... ****eyes roll***

13 comments:

HoneyDame said...

LMAO....at least that is way better than the stories that Hazel shared in this post.
Househelp matters ehn...
Odi kwa risky something!

Myne said...

She sounds like she makes life interesting sha, lol...

AB said...

haha.

Che said...

LWKMD. You should be happy o that she is very helpful even if her own pass. If you don tire for her, abeg send her over cos my sister needs a helper. :-D.

naijabankgirl.blogspot.com

Blessing said...

lol...she's tryin sha

Okeoghene said...

LMHO the girl is just trying her own style. No be small thing with house-help and if you find one with less stress, the better for you.

@adebsrk said...

At least your help is a Nigerian and not from Benin Republic...your post would have been in "Queen's English, pigin, and Egun"

Highly Favored said...

Poor thing, this is too funny.

Toinlicious said...

lmao. @Honey, abi o. That Hazel's story is epic.
Suliat dey try o. that fish story was wat my brother did during NYSC. He had to call home to ask how fish was prepared. smh

SHE said...

LOL!!!

I believe you can use "curve and dash" to write any of the numerals, depending on the font type you are using.

Hehehehe!

Muse Origins said...

LOL!! At least she's being proactive lmao

Adiya
Muse Origins

Nolimit said...

I'm thankful, you have your own "jenifa" to make you laugh!!!lol

Unknown said...

LAMO>>> I THINK I CHOKED ON MY LUNGS laughing at this post..smh..

Today

 Happy new year! So many cobwebs here