Friday 2 March 2007

My Room.....

I love my room or at least sometimes i do....

It actually is an interesting room filled with all sorts of stuff.

This room also serves as the living room for my family because for some reason the whole family(excluding doggie) congregate in it!!!!

The room went through a period of always being spick and span, i suspect i had obsessive compulsive disorder that time because i was always folding and refolding my clothes. Then i'd arrange and rearrange my dresser day in and day out.

My mum even used to refer to me when scolding my siblings about the state of their rooms!!!!

My boyfriend(now ex) suffered many times just watching me arrange stuff over and over when he came visiting ;)

For some reason things have become quite the opposite right now and i'm becoming somewhat alarmed.

My friend who spent christmas with me said the paint reminded her of a hospital and that in fact she didn't know what to think of my green rug... she went on and on. I just couldn't be bothered because i thought she was exaggerating...

My other friend said the room was like a "Face me I face You" room!!! Just imagine, that the only thing missing was a curtain in the middle of the room. I almost told my doggie to eat her mouth(lol)

My sister said i just needed a sink so that i can carve out a proper kitchen. I actually had a "crockery section" just to avoid walking to the kitchen.She even said i had an altar for cards and gifts.....

Anyway i decided to take their advice and "declutter" (the word just drives me nuts!!!) my room.

I started with the dresser, apparently half of the containers i was carrying back and forth were mostly empty!!!! And i'm like am i becoming like my granny or what??????? Abi no be old people dey pack old containers up and down?????

Next i moved in a wardrobe and packed out all my suitcases( i loves portmanteaux, u see and i buy every time i travel :) so i have quite a few!!!)

Now the challenge is this the room is still looking clustered and i'm getting frustrated...

I've given out tons of clothes, shoes and stuff but there are just still things everywhere!!!

What am i supposed to do now ehn???????????

We'll see how it goes sha.....

3 comments:

Daddy's Girl said...

LOL!! Love this post! LOL at 'I almost told my doggie to eat her mouth'. They say our rooms say a lot about us, and I agree. They reflect, to an extent, where we are in our lives. Seems like for you, it's time to de-clutter. I think I'm at the same place, so unfortunately I can't help... I always try to de-clutter too, and end up still getting more unnecessary stuff. Maybe someone will come along with great advice for both of us!

Mr.Fineboy said...

lol@portmanteux! fluffy, i think i have a crush on you too o!

Idemili said...

Hehehehe! Great post. You could give some stuff to charity you know...Thanks for stopping by!

Today

 Happy new year! So many cobwebs here