Over the past few months(years actually) i've neglected "myself" and busied myself tending to others(who haven't quite appreciated it i must add) instead and so now i'm taking a step back to work on "me" and improve "moi" and have a generally enhanced well being. I've just realised that after serving God, that's one of "D koko's(essence) of being in this life.
I'll be detailing the steps i'm taking and measuring how well i'm doing on this thingiiiii!!!!
Someone forwarded this to me and i found some of the tips useful, i've marked the ones i can and will do in yellow and put some of my thoughts in green!!!
36 CHRISTIAN WAYS TO REDUCE STRESS
An Angel says, "Never borrow from the future. If you worry about what may happen tomorrow and it doesn't happen, you have worried in vain. Even if it does happen, you have to worry twice."
2. Go to bed on time.
3. Get up on time so you can start the day unrushed.
4. Say No to projects that won't fit into your time schedule, or that will compromise your mental health.
5. Delegate tasks to capable others.
6. Simplify and unclutter your life.
7. Less is more. (Although one is often not enough, two are often too many.)
8. Allow extra time to do things and to get to places. Especially since i'm going to be dealing with Lagos traffic;)
9. Pace yourself. Spread out big changes and difficult projects over time; don't lump the hard things all together.
10. Take one day at a time.
11. Separate worries from concerns. If a situation is a concern, find out what God would have you do and let go of the anxiety. If you can't do anything about a situation, forget it.
12. Live within your budget; don't use credit cards for ordinary purchases. Also avoid buying stuff on credit generally this "pay small small" at each month end syndrome.
13. Have backups; an extra car key in your wallet, an extra house key buried in the garden, extra stamps, etc.
14. K. Y. M.S. (Keep Your (mine this case;)Mouth Shut). This single piece of advice can prevent an enormous amount of trouble.
15. Do something for the Kid in You everyday.
16. Carry a Bible(or any good book) with you to read while waiting in line.
17. Get enough rest. Health is wealth
18. Eat right. In small portions as well
19. Get organized so everything has its place.
20. Listen to a tape while driving that can help improve your quality of life.( This i already do, it's amazing how it helps truly)
21. Write down thoughts and inspirations.
22. Every day, find time to be alone.
23. Having problems? Talk to God on the spot. Try to nip small problems in the bud. Don't wait until it's time to go to bed to try and pray.
24. Make friends with Godly people.
25. Keep a folder(maybe notebook) of favorite scriptures on hand.
26. Remember that the shortest bridge betweendespair and hope is often a good"Thank you Jesus."
28. Laugh some more!
29. Take your work seriously, but not yourself at all. Don't know about this second bit oh
30. Develop a forgiving attitude (most people are doing the best they can). Hmmmm
31. Be kind to unkind people (they probably need it the most). It can be quite exasperating i must tell you and trust me i know!!!!
32. Sit on your ego. Don't let pride ruin/rule you, your ego mustn't become bloated
33. Talk less; listen more. Very important
34. Slow down. Especially when driving!!!(lol)
35. Remind yourself that you are not the general manager of the universe. Or the saviour of thw world at that!
36 . Every night before bed, think of one thing you're grateful for that you've never been grateful for before. Even if it's just for still being alive:)
Picking up the pieces It may not completely make sense but I want to document this phase I passed through Sometimes life decides to hand...
I hope i get some male perspectives on this discourse!!! I grew up watching/seeing my mum wear hair nets. I thought/assumed/believed it wa...
Not sure what the landlord was thinking really but this is what the toilet and bathroom in the master bedroom of our former house looks l...
My sister sent me a random message today! The message was disjointed and just fueled my annoyance a bit. It was a supposedly congratulator...